Monday, November 12, 2012

Another Faze of Parenting


Okay, it's been a while and to be honest, I just haven't felt like blogging, but here I am again.
So this past weekend I feel like I was inducted into a new group of parents.  The group of parents with crazy-won't sit still- EVER children.  So it's bad enough that she started walking at 10 months, but then Addison decides it's fun to climb on the kitchen table and dance (I blame it on the genes- Bethany), then she figures out the child safety locks on our cupboards (Jefferson only figured them out a year ago), then she decides climbing on our entertainment center is a blast, and now she has a broken wrist.  How you ask?  She got it by falling off her Harley.  Actually she got it by tripping over her brothers tractor.  Stupid huh!  

Ah well, it really doesn't seem to bother her. AT. ALL.  She fell right before bed on Friday so we waited until Saturday morning to see if it was better.  It was not.  We went into the clinic to check and get x-rays.  Surprise- it's broken.  Alas, we had to wait until today to get a cast because apparently no Orthopedic doctors work over the weekend.  Any who, the last two days were not all that fun.  Not because Addison was in pain- it was because we had to keep her from further damaging said wrist and trying to get her to keep the ace bandage on, forget about the sling.  She was having none of that.

She was fabulous while getting it casted.  She did not make a peep.  The doctor and nurse kept commenting on how great she was.  She was just casually watching with mild interest while they wrapped her up.  She's gonna cause me trouble in the future.  I just know it.  In fact, I commented to the doctor that I was surprised that our first broken bone came from our daughter instead of our son and he said, "Oh, my daughters broke far more bones than my sons".  Ah, the joys to look forward to.


It doesn't bother her at all.  She just goes about her business climbing and banging.  Here she is watching her brother play out the window.

Should I be worried about him breaking bones- probably.  Jason and Jefferson spent 5 hours on Friday building this snow castle with a snowman guardian.  They are both ridiculously proud of this thing.  I'll post better pictures later.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. So adorable, and so sad! Sounds like she'll be giving you a run for your money! And that snow castle is completely awesome!

    ReplyDelete