Monday, September 17, 2012

Temple Mosaic Mural





As part of the Temple Open House and Cultural Celebration three mosaic murals were painted by almost 900 "artists"  I use that term lightly because I do not consider myself an artist, but really wanted to participate in this project.  The mural below is of the temple and the grounds.  It was painted by over 300 people.  The second mural is also of the temple and grounds, while the third is just of the temple itself.  We have gotten to see two of the murals, but alas, the tile I painted is on the mural we have not seen.  I am hoping to get a look at it before the cultural celebration this Saturday.  I haven't seen it because it is on display in a different city and we weren't able to get away to see it.
Any way, like I said, I really wanted to be a part of the Temple dedication in some way.  I painted one of the tiles (I turned my blobs of color into a depiction of the tree of life and the iron rod- probably sounds nicer than it actually looks) and I also sewed shirts for the girls to wear in the youth celebration this Saturday.  The Temple opening has had such an influence on everyone, not just church members.  It has been real amazing to see and I am so impressed with how the murals turned out.  

Take a look at one of the large murals.  I also took some pictures of some of my favorite tiles.  Some of the artists are absolutely amazing.  Just, so cool!!

Sorry about the barrel.  It could not be moved out of the way.  My tile would be one in the lower right hand corner.  Maybe I can get some pictures of it this weekend.











Cool Huh?
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. They turned out amazing, will they be on display for a long time? I'd like to see them up close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- those are amazing! Can't wait to see yours! What an awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice! I so wanted to go up to Brigham City to visit during the open house and I just couldn't do it. I really do want to see the tile you painted!

    ReplyDelete