Sunday, April 29, 2012

Color Me Rad

On Saturday Jessica, some friends, and I ran the Color Me Rad 5k on the UVU campus.  I have to say that as of yesterday, this 5k has been by far the most fun.  It is not a timed race due to the way it's set up, but it was a lot of fun.  This picture below is of me and Jessi at the beginning of the race (center back- I'm the one pointing or something)  We are nice and clean and on our way.
Little Miss Addi had a nice and relaxing time watching the runners go by.  Isn't she beautiful?


Here we are after the race.  We ran as team "Get Out" and we had our names on the back of our shirts, but by the end you couldn't even see them.  You see- every kilometer there is a color station and you get pelted with colored corn starch- some powder and some mixed with water which was more potent- as you run through.  It actually smelled really good and didn't taste too terrible- it was impossible to keep it out of your mouth....and nose and ears,etc.  Luckily they did give every one sun glasses, although by the end I couldn't even see out of those.  Good Times.  We were all filthy.  They also gave each runner a color packet and at the end of the race there was a color war where everyone just let loose with their packets.  It was so funny.  I couldn't see for a good minute or so because of all the powder in the air.
More posing.

Here are me and Stinky.  She had so much green in her hair that it looked like she was molding.

Color Me Rad... Look up the web site and see if there is a race near you!

Jefferson saw me and said, "Mama, you got dirty with colors.  You need to take a shower."  I took a while, but after a few washes my skin was clean.  The blue was the hardest to get off.  Especially in the ears.

After the race we went to Aunt Jessi's house for a bit and Jefferson found a new love:)


I am seeing drum lessons in our future.  During sacrament today he leaned over and said, "We need to go back to Jessi's house and dance."  What can I say- That's my boy!


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Such a great day! My left elbow is still blue...don't ask me why! Can you send me the pictures, so I can pass them on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed in the picture that Kara wore a long sleeved shirt under her regular t-shirt so that her arms did not get all covered in color. It seems that is why Jessica's left arm is blue still and Kara's is not. A little secret and planning on Kara's part it seems.

      Delete
    2. Also, it looks like Kara put her hair in a bun while some of the other contestants just had flowing pulled back hair. It looks like Kara was thinking and planning her defense strategies another time around.

      Delete
  2. Oh! You did the race on Sat., April 22nd. When I looked at it at first I thought you ran this on May 5th. But, now I understand. I wondered why Jason didn't mention you being down south last Saturday. That's because you weren't! So, I need to pay attention to the dates more closely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This event looks wild! We all are a bit surprised that Kara would be in a race like this and get quite all that colored up! We are not all that surprised that her sister Jessica would do that. Wow! But, it looks like beautiful weather and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay . . . now I am going to tell a posterity story for the family history record . . .

    I remember being very afraid of monsters at 4 years old. After you read this story you might understand why I especially remember.

    One of my first memories is when I was only 4 years old (about 1957) and my grandparents, Robroy Quinn and Martha Marie Fulkerson Quinn, took me on a trip from Colton (near San Bernardino) in Southern California to St. George, Utah. We went because their son, my uncle Jerry, was attending Dixie College as a student and as a basketball player. My uncle Jerry was very tall and skinny (like Jason is) -- especially looking very, very tall to a little 4 year old like me.

    All of the basketball players seemed like giants!

    While we were visiting after the big basketball game the two teams had a tug-of-war over a big ditch of red clay mud. The dirt in St. George is red clay, basically. At that time St. George had open irrigation ditches along the curb line of every street to route the water to the various properties for watering yards in town.

    After all of the young adult men in their late teens and early twenties pulled each other into the huge red clay mud hole they ran to the St. George irrigation ditches and laid in them to wash all of the mud off of themselves. This event really freaked me out! I hid behind my grandparents and would not get near any of the guys even after they had laid in the ditches and washed off the clay from their bodies.

    I thought they were monsters!

    What a memory. I do not remember anything else about that trip.

    I do remember having monster dreams in my room at the house on Martin in Colton. I have no idea whether that was before or after this event or not. I still can envision the shadow monsters I saw on my bedroom wall. I remember my parents, Ken Fawcett & P. Marlene Quinn Fawcett, having to come in and console both Teri and me.

    I believe in monsters!

    ReplyDelete