Sunday, September 2, 2012

Brigham City Temple


Remember this day?  When Jason, Jefferson, and I were just a few among many faces when they broke the ground for the Brigham City Temple.  It was a defining moment for our little town and it has brightened our lives ever since. 


Two years ago it was just a picture in our heads of what it would maybe look like and now today....

It is actually here.  It is beautiful and looks just like they said it would.  It has been amazing to watch the construction.  To see every step of the way (at least on the outside) and see the joy and blessing that have come into our lives from it being so close.
Last weekend our little family, my mom and dad, my little sister and her roommates, and my aunt and uncle were able to come up and tour the temple with us.  We are so close to the temple.  I am talking only five blocks.  We have no excuse not to go.  It is a joy.  It is a gorgeous temple and I am so excited to be able to go do sessions there.   The theme in the temple is Peach Blossoms and they did it amazingly.  I told Jason jokingly that it is too bad that Mormons don't renew their vows because I'd want to do it in this temple.   Jefferson had such a unique perspective and it made me appreciate his literal interpretations.  Example:  (As we were walking past the elevator)  "Mama, I need to take the elevator up to Jesus."  It's that simple to him.  And it can be that simple in a lot of ways.  We adults are the ones that complicate it.  I need to remember to see it Jefferson's way.
The grounds were fabulous.  So many flowers in different colors.  There is a lovely fountain in the front.  The grounds have many trees that bear fruit.  Here is one of the apple trees.  This temple will not only bless us spiritually, but physically as well.  I can't wait until the dedication (Sept. 23).

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I so wanted to go up there and tour the temple and visit you all at this time. But, I can't. Situation is not right. I need to be here and work. My heart is with you. Enjoy the blessing of being so close to the temple!

    ReplyDelete